BSOG Calls for BSOG elections for the year 2020 - 21
and invites for the nomination of following posts for BSOG elections which is scheduled on 20th October 2019.
More details will follow shortly
- President ( President Elect becomes President )
- President Elect
- Vice President
- Hon.Secretary ( Joint Secretary becomes Hon.Secretary)
- Joint Secretary
- Hon.Treasurer ( Joint Treasurer becomes Hon.Treasurer)
- Joint Treasurer
- Executive committee member – 9 posts
Instructions for filling up the Nomination Form:
- All entries in the nomination paper should be in capital letters.
- Nominee/Proposer/Seconder should be full members (not Postgraduates / Associate Members) of the Society and should have registered before 31st March 2019.
- Eligibility to vote is restricted to full members (not Postgraduates / Associate Members) of the Society who have registered before 31st March 2019.
- Contestants for the post of President Elect must have completed 1 term as Vice President or Hon.Secretary.
- Members who have completed three years in EC cannot apply for EC again. They can apply for Vice President / Jt. Secretary / Jt. Treasurer Posts or can take a break for two or more years and apply for EC or any higher posts.
- The members contesting for the post of EC member, must have completed 3 years of full membership after the completion of post-graduation.
- The Physical presence of all the contestants, during the election is mandatory, unless there is an emergency or a valid reason, to be informed at least one week before AGM.
- The Election Officers cannot nominate or vote. The President however can exercise his/her vote only in case of tie.
- The completed Nomination Form should reach the Working Office of the Society by 4.00 pm of 11th October 2019.
- The candidate should obtain the acknowledgement for the submission of the Nomination Form.
- The last date for withdrawal of nomination is 4 pm, 13th October 2019.
- It is the responsibility of the contestant to ensure that the due procedure has been followed and is complete. The Election Commission will reject non eligible, as well as, incomplete and improperly filled forms.
- In case no nominations are received for any particular post/posts, floor nominations will be called for.